søndag 23. februar 2014

Got spikes!

Last Wednesday my youngest son broke his left arm while using his trick bike, and it was actually on flat asphalt. I was visiting my mum, who is in hospital with a nasty ankel fracture, when my husband called and told he would take the kid to the ER to check out the arm. I couldn't help bursting out laughing, as this was the absolute cherry on top: challenges have lined up for the last few months, and this one was so welcome. NOT.

Luckily this fracture was clean and neat, but the kid had to go through a minor surgery to have some spikes put temporarely - they will be taken out in for weeks.

Patterned papers & cut outs: Chic Tags' February kit. Arrows: Chic Tags. Alphas: Jillibean Soup (blue), Sassafras Lass (green). Woode stars: Studio Calico. Wood camera: Freckled Fawn

The kid is now doing fine, even with a plaster cast from above the elbove and down. I'm surprised to see how much he still csn do on his own - getting the socks on in the morning is one of the few chores he cannot do himslef :-)

Some close ups:






When I saw this fun sketch at Scrap365, I immidiately was inspired to create: I loved all the layers and the amount of white space:


The DT has come up with some lovely examples for you, so please visit the Scrap365 blog to see them :-)

Have a fabolous week!

9 kommentarer:

Bellaidea sa...

I hope he will get better soon! Great take on the sketch, thank you for joinng SCRAP 365 sketch challenge!

Terhi Koskinen sa...

First I thought:Fabulous page! But then I read your story. Hope your son gets better soon! Very good take on a sketch.
Thank you for sharing this with us at Scrap365 :)

Unknown sa...

Oh dear, I hope he recovers quickly. It's great to document the highs and the lows in life. Fantastic layout Hilde, I really love what you have done with the sketch. Thanks for playing along with us :)

Fearless sa...

I hope he will get better soon! Love the way you put this story on your layout, thanks for sharing it with us at Scrap 365!
hugs xxx
SandraP

pysselpetra sa...

elegant dokumenterat en tråkig händelse lycka till med tillfrisknandet

Jasmine S sa...

Fabulous page. I love the xray pics along with the "real" photo. Great use of the sketch too. Thanks for joining us this month at Scrap365 :)

annette sa...

wishing your son a speedy recovery .. love how you have documented & presented his surgery .. terrific :)

Jennifer Grace sa...

Oh dear, your poor son, my daughter broke her arm last year so I know it's no fun for them! I love your page, especially the cheeky 'got spikes' title and 'oh snap' camera wood veneer, they made me smile! Thanks so much for joining in the scrap365 challenge! x

Riikka Kovasin sa...

What a terrible thing, but the way you've documented it is really cool! Hope he'll feel better soon!