onsdag 23. januar 2013

A card I didn't succeed in submitting

I know my blog is quiet these days, and it will be for another week. Here are my excuses:

  • I have been good and am up to date with DT work, which means I have created, but the work can't be shown yet. That said, if you look at the badges in the side bar, you will only find one, and how busy can I be designing for a challenge blog once a month? The truth is: I'm adding a new badge late next week, and there has been some preparations to make, including designing :-)
     
  • I'm participating in a six week long paper craft contest at Swedish Inzpira Magazine. Rules state that the participating work can not be shown after the contest is over, which means the layout and AI I have made so far not will show up here at the blog until the end of February at the earliest. 
     
  • One of my scrappy goals in 2013 is to submit and get published. I'm not doing this for the fame and glory which follows (OK, a little bit), but because I need some deadlines and personal commitments to push me forward and to force me to develop my skills. Three cards are made for this purpose so far in January.

Patterned papers: Sassafras Lass (note paper), October Afternoon (anything else).
Button  & washi : unknown

  • I am determined to brake the code on how to use wet medias, stamps and inks on my projects. If you look at my last blog post, you can see I'm ranting over my mixed media skills, but I am taking this as a personal challenge - I do want to make it work. I have given up on using mists, but have pulled out  stamps and inkpads, exploring how old tecniques can be incorporated in today's trends. I'm slowly getting there, but as most of this time consuming activity results in samples only, there really isn't much to show.... Who wants to see a card background I have spent an entire evening making? A card is not complete with just the background.
  • Work, family and house keeping. I work long days, we have huge challenges family wise, and everybody in my household are on dometic strike. Lies! Life is good, work is good, family is good. We seem to be in a good steam, we spend quality time together, and there is room for some Me Time. Yay!
 
But I do have something to share. A card. The one above was made to fit criterias for an upcoming issue of Inzpira Magazine and I submitted a couple of days before deadline. On regular bases, but not every day, I check my spam box (e-mail) and what did I found here a few days after deadline for the submission? A non delivery note, saying the submission had failed. Oh happy day! The good thing is that I do have something to share with you. For the record, the theme of this issue is music.
 
So what are you up to these days? Busy creating or living your life? Or both?

3 kommentarer:

Monique Liedtke sa...

What a super fun card Hilde! I'm sure it would have been accepted if they had received it!!!

Chantalle sa...

I can totally understand the frustration of doing lots of creative work, but then having to keep it all under wraps due to timings etc. (Never mind domestic duties and work in between!) I'm looking forward to seeing what you've been busy with, and learning some of the techniques you have using! :)

Sherri sa...

This is totally adorable! I love your fussy cutting.