søndag 18. mai 2014

Love you - not! (The Paper Bakery Sketch #25)

My boys are 11 and 14 years old. Normally they are the best friend, but it's coming more visible that there is an age difference: there is one teenager, and one teenager wannabe and they are going on each other's nerves sometimes. Mostly it's about calling each other, but on occations they get into physical fights (sounds familiar?):

Patterned papers: MME, October Afternoon. Wood pieces & epoxy arrows: Freckled fawn. Brads & enamel dots: MME. Cut outs: Chic Tags. Flair: The Paper Bakery. Chipboars: Imaginarium Designs (Love You), Memory Maze (call out). Alpha: Basic Grey
 Details:


The papers are a true mix of left over papers from previous The Paper Bakery kits - I love how well they worked together, even if from different manufactorers !


I found the design for this layout at The Paper Bakery, sketch #25:


As my background paper had plenty of circles, I chose to substitute the circles in the sketch with smaller items as wood hearts and enamel dots, and I sprinkled them over other parts of the layout too, to balance it better.


Hands down - do your kids fight, too, or is only mine?

5 kommentarer:

Janet's Joy sa...

Great job with the sketch! I'm so glad you could join us at Paper Bakery! The patterned papers look great together.
I have 2 boys that are 16 months apart so yes I know about the love and not so much relationships!!

Sarah sa...

I absolutely LOVE your take on the sketch!! I love that you used little embellies over the polka dot paper and the arrows and the title are awesome!! Also, I have 4 boys, ages 8, 5, 4 and 9 months and the older 3 definitely fight! You are NOT alone!! lol Thank you so much for joining us @Paper Bakery!!

Fleursbydesign sa...

Love your take on the Paper Bakery sketch. The arrows and enamel dots are so fun :)

Tegan sa...

Such a super layout! Especially love the enamel dots sprinkled over the polka dots! Cute! Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Bakery! :)

Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy sa...

Oh you are too funny! I love you sense of fun. You totally rocked that sketch too. Wonderful details!:)